- 🎯 Rules
- 🎯 Wheel and Table
- 🎯 Bets
- 🎯 Special Bets
- 🎯 Call bets
- 🎯 Payouts
- 🎯 House Edge
- 🎯 Surrender Rule
- 🎯 Mobile
- 🎯 Tips
- 🎯 FAQ
Are you one of those players who likes the double-zero opportunities in a roulette game? If you are, you have come to the right place to find out all about this American roulette! This type of our favorite game is considered the most difficult to win and the reason behind is the number of pockets. We will try to keep things as simple as possible while explaining everything you need to know about American roulette!
Double zero is a feature that contributes to online American roulette having the lowest odds comparing to its European analogs. It’s located in between two red numbers while the single-zero got its position between two black numbers. This what makes an impression of the red pockets dominating on the table.
Basic Rules in American Roulette
Every American roulette online player has to be familiar with the rules and how to play American roulette. If you have ever played any of the roulette games, then you know that the concept of the game revolves around the spinning wheel where the ball spins. Even though American roulette online is quite a challenging and risking game, it regularly attracts more and more players to try their luck. If you would like to become one of them or simply take a look at how the game goes, get familiar with the brief guide for American roulette we prepared for you.
- Select chip value. First of all, you need to define the amount of chips you bet. The more “complex” bit is, the more chips you need but for the single number bets, you can use a single chip per one number. Once you decide the amount of the money you are going to invest, you need to pick your wager and place the chips.
- Place your bets. You are allowed to place bets as long as the dealer has not announced that there are no more bets that are accepted, which means that he will, as soon as the wheel stops, announce the wining number.
- Waiting for the winning number. To play American version, the next step is to wait for the dealer who throws the ball into the wheel and wait until the wheel stops.
- Dealer calculates each bid. The ball stops either on a black, red or green (double zero or zero) slot. Once it stops, the dealer will reveal the number and he will retain all the nets that are lost. Now, he will calculate the player’s earnings and give them their profit.
Whether you play the double zero roulette or a single zero version, the rules remain the in all games. The only thing that is different is the odds layout and payouts, which are leaning slightly towards the house in this version. Generally speaking, this does not have to be true always. But when we consider the statistics and mathematical analyses, the player does not have that advantage as it has in other versions.
American Roulette Wheel and Table Layout
Every American roulette free game contains the 38 pockets, where you have numbers from 1 to 36, plus zero and double zero slot, which is the main difference between the online American roulette and other versions. Also, due to double zero slot, note that numbers on the wheel are placed slightly different, which also resulted in a bit different table layout. Everything else on the American roulette wheel is the same as it is on other wheels in other versions. The double zero is what gives the free American roulette an advantage. The zero and double zero are green colored, while the rest of numbers, like in other versions, are either red or black. Besides these three colors, the layout offers pretty much the same betting options on every roulette wheel layout.
The American roulette for real money allows you to place: red/black, odd/even, 1st,2nd and 3d 12 numbers, as well as columns and halves bets. The red/black allows you to bet on either of these two colors (the green is not covered obviously) while odd/even relate to the type on number (even or odd). Then you have the “multiple” choice bet. This is 1st,2nd and 3d 12 and it covers the first, second or third 12 numbers in the row. Lastly, roulette online for cash offers the columns that cover the section of numbers on the left, center or right column, while the halves cover two parts 0-18 and 19-36 numbers.
Types of Bets – Double Zero Roulette
All roulette online free games or any American roulette game offers you a handful of wagering options that you can use through your gambling career. Before each round on the American roulette table, the players can choose: inside bets and outside bets, where each category consists of several wagering options. Inside bet implies you trusting your cash to a single number. This is how you increase your payout but lower an actual chance to win. At the same time, outside bets make sure your chances are higher since you can place your bet on the group of numbers. The first one consists of straight up, split, street, corner, five and line bet.
- Straight up is a bet on the single number, including numbers zero and double zero.
- Split is placing a bet on two numbers, by placing chips on the line between the two numbers.
- Street features placing chips on three numbers in a row that is placed on the line at the end of the row.
- Corner bet marks betting on the four numbers that are next to each other, by placing chips on the corner/line where they touch each other.
- Five bet is placing a bet on the 5 numbers (usually 0,00,1,2,3) by putting chips on the end of two rows, on the line that separates them.
- Line bet covers six numbers and the chips are placed at the end of the row, on the border that divides them.
The outside bets in roulette for real money cover the outer section of numbers and consist of column, dozen, color, odd/even, low/high bet.
- Column bet is placing a bet on the entire column of numbers relates to the 2:1 numbers at the end of column.
- Dozen bet is covering 12 numbers, where you can cover numbers on the first box (1-12), the second (13-24) and the third (25-36).
- Betting on color is simple, as you need to predict which color will ball land on (red or black).
- Odd/Even is the same as previous, with the difference that we look whether the ball landed on an even or odd number.
- Low/High is placing bets on lower set or higher set of numbers, as you have a field on table 19-36 and 1-18, covering the presented numbers.
In the roulette free online games, especially in the double wheel roulette, you have to know which wager means what so you could play professionally and achieve success! Therefore, spend some time on the learning, as well as on the practicing of these so you could know how to win and apply the wagers in the game.
Special Types of Bets for American Roulette
Whether you deal with the American roulette simulator or the roulette table layout with the real cash, you will come to the special bets that are present in this version.
- Basket Bet. The five-number or a basket bet, is not one of those bets that are used all the time, but can be found in American roulette games and it covers zero, double zero, 1,2 and 3. It allows you to get a good amount of money. To play the American version properly with this wager, place the chips on the edge where zero pockets and 1,2,3 join together. This is the right way to place this wager.
- Neighbour Bet. The double zero version offers the neighbor wager as well, which is popular in this game. It allows you to cover any five numbers on the table that are right next to each other. The combination can be any of the numbers. Just keep in mind that these have to be close to each other to be able to place 22 Neighbor Bet. It is also called in that way and it is only present in this version of the roulette.
Double Zero Payouts
As we mentioned earlier, there are two types of bets: inside and outside, where the outside ones have a higher chance for winning unlike inside that have lower chances. This information becomes most important while playing roulette on real money. But the catch is that these inside bets have much bigger payouts but are harder to catch. Single number bet payout 35 to 1 ratio, with 2.60% odds. The two number wager has 17 to 1 ratio, with 5.3% odds. Three number, four number, five and six number bets have payout 11; 8; 6,5 to 1 ration with 7,9%; 10,5%; 13,2% and 15.8% odds, while Column, Dozen, Even/Odd, Red/Black and Low/High bets have 2; 2; 1; 1; 1 to 1 ratio with 31,6%; 31,6%; 47,4%; 47,4%; 47,4% odds.
We will try to list how much chances you have to win a bet in percentage for each type of bet you choose. This does not have to be true, but it can serve as a good reference point for your roulette strategy.
- Straight – 2.70% chances, with payout of 35:1
- Split – 5.26$ chances, with payout of 17:1
- Street – 7.89% chances, with payout of 11:1
- Corner – 10.53% chances, with payout of 8:1
- Backet – 13.16% chances, with payout of 6:1
- Double Street – 15.79% chances, with payout of 5:1
Although the information above cover statistic probabilities, don’t forget to revise regularly your strategies and system of playing. In any case, do have in mind that house plays against you. Also, remember that strategies fail on the long run, but also know when to stop with gambling! Good luck!
Whether you play online for real money or you play for free, the house edge is something that defines what the advantage the gambling house has over the players. Whenever you look at the payout in roulette, you have to always have in mind that the house edge should be as low as possible to increase your chances for winning. The online roulette American game has 5.26% house edge! Just for the comparison, the European roulette has nearly half of that amount, but this version offers more entertainment as it has the double zero pocket! While the payouts remain the same in all online for money roulette versions, you still have fewer chances for win in American than in European game! While the American version has 94.74% of the RTP (return to player), it still means that for every investment of $1,000, the house will take $52.60. It does not mean that the player will not be able to achieve some substantial profit from it, but the statistics show that the casino has a slight advantage over the player. Therefore, the roulette free spins are a great way to test the casino. Of course, this should be your guideline but you never know your chances. The best thing you can do to beat the house edge is to develop and practice your strategies!
One thing that you will learn when you decide to play money American roulette is the surrender rule that allows you to retrieve half of your lost bet. American roulette play is characterized by this wager and you should always use the advantage of it whenever you can! It can be applied when you play online for free as well. This helps you to “theoretically” win American roulette when you choose the odd/even bet and the ball lands on zero or double zero slot. In this case, you get half of your bet returned while the second half goes to the house. This, in theory, decreases the house edge to 2.63$ from 5.26% which means you have better chances to win in this game! Instead of losing, you can “surrender” and retrieve 50% of your bet, which is a good way to cover your loses and learn to play. Whenever you are not sure, you can hit the surrender button! This way, you can save some money instead of losing everything from the wager you have placed!
Mobile American Roulette
If you ask does double zero work on the mobile devices, you should know it works fantastically well as everything is optimized and adjust to the precise touch-screen controls! You can choose to play this game for free, or for real money if you want, regardless of the operating system you are using on your mobile device. Whether you use iOS, Android or BlackBerry, you can play! All players who are looking for the double zero pay money chances can count on the direct play mode through the browser or by downloading the dedicated app to your mobile device! The dedicated app comes from the certified software providers who enable you to pay in roulette or enjoy the free online American play with good bonuses and access to all games. The number of games in roulette online real version can be decreased a bit, as the different technologies may be incompatible. Still, more than 95% of the games will be available including live roulette versions, so you do not have to worry about the number of games! Whatever style of play you choose, you will enjoy mobile gambling! Walk, sit in a park or drink a coffee with your friends and spin the Devil’s wheel whenever you want! You have 24/7 access throughout the whole year!
Features of American roulette mobile version
Whether you play online real money rounds or free, the commands and the interface remains the same, as the layout is completely the same! You can apply every American roulette strategy you want in these direct play or downloadable-client games as these are fully transparent and fair! As we said, all major OSs have been supported! Android, iOS or Windows systems allow you to deposit real money and scout payout for double money or play for free for double zero luck! Besides, your privacy is on the high-level as no third party could ever breach-in and steal your data! All the transactions, including payments and personal information, are secured and encrypted by SSL encryption, making sure that no one is able to steal these! The latest technology perks allow you even to include the two-way authentication with the goal of preventing any fraudulent activities! This way, you and your data are 100% safe! Try registering at any online casino on our site, as this place offers you fantastic versions of this game, but also protects your personal and confidential data.
American Roulette Tips
After reading the paragraphs above, you could have noticed that American roulette online actually makes you lose money. However, if everything was that pathetic for real, online american roulette wouldn’t compete with its European sister in terms of popularity. That’s why you’ll need extra alertness and excellent skills to succeed in American roulette online. The American roulette rules must be familiar to you if you plan to develop your strategy and especially if you plan to win some money. In addition, you can follow some tips to increase your chances for winning in the real money American roulette game!
- Try Surrender option. One of the first things that you can do is to look for surrender option. The surrender option allows you to get half of your bet in case you play odd/even wager and the ball lands on zero or double zero! While this does not cover 100% of your bet, you still get 50% of your bet, which is a good way to increase your odds.
- Place different bets. Don’t stick to your lucky number, your anniversary date, or the birth date of your cousin’s puppy. Explore all the bet opportunities placing inside, outside, and even money bets.
- Try playing double zero roulette simulator before playing for real money. For every type of casino, there is at least one high-quality simulation version. Its goal is to ensure that you are aware of all the game nuances before placing a real bet. In money American roulette games, a good aid will be the free games that are available in the majority of the distinguished casinos and these are highly useful to players who are still practicing and developing strategies for this game.
- Set a limit to your bankroll. The players can play inside as well as the outside bets as much as they want and this is one of the best ways to practice in this game! There is also one thing that is crucial and that you must not forget. When you play, especially at the high stakes, you can easily lose your money due to the large bets.Therefore, always set a limit to your bankroll so you could eliminate the possibility to bet more than you can afford to lose.
- Reason over passion. Another tip that is great and that can help you to manage your bankroll and money American roulette efficiently, is to stick to avoid being overwhelmed upon your first big win! This can easily turn into a disaster as the player starts thinking that he is invincible and that he can win every single round! Be careful when you want to retrieve the lost bets. This can quickly turn into a disaster if you are not paying attention too much because you get emotional!
- Minimize your losses. Even though you might feel on the top of the world, don’t let your emotions go beyond the wit of man. Start from placing the minimum bets and know what is your maximum spending limit.
- Use common betting strategies. Don’t reinvent the wheel! It’s way better to know your risks and deal with them than create the new ones. Avoid being emotional as this can cost you a lot but rather treat this game as an entertaining way that can bring you money!
Double Zero Roulette
When speaking about the popularity, we have to say that the American roulette odds became popular all over the world once the game arrived in New Orleans, the gambling capital of the US. The French revolutionaries brought it to this city during the French revolution in the 18th century and since then, it started gaining popularity and it spread all over the world! The most interesting thing was that the double zero in this game. The double zero highly increases the house edge, while it decreases the player’s odds! Still, people wanted to play it as it is highly entertaining game and that is how the whole concept of the game became popular and spread out through the whole world!
What is interesting is that this game becomes more and more popular in Asia and the USA while it is avoided by the European players. The reason is probably that double zero slot that attracts risky players to test their skills and beat the house.
American Roulette FAQ
The frequently asked questions section is structured so it can offer you the answers to some of the most common questions that players ask about this game. Do not hesitate to send us a question if you could not find it in this section!
Is American Roulette Completely Random? ›
What is the best American Roulette Strategy? ›
One of the best strategies is the Reverse Martingale System. Through this strategy, you will increase your bet once you win and decrease it when you lose.
Can I play American roulette on my iPhone? ›
Absolutely! There is the direct play mode through your mobile browser but you can also download the dedicated app on your iOS device!
What the minimum bet? ›
The minimum bet is $2, but you can place the wager on two different numbers so the overall amount is $2. But keep in mind that the outside bets require $5 of the minimum bet.
What the maximum bet? ›
The maximum bet can be anywhere from $1,000 to $10,000. This, however, depends on the casino and its rules and policies.
What is the worst possible bet in American roulette? ›
The Five/basket bet that covers 5 numbers (0, 00, 1, 2, 3). The bet is not in favor of a player as it gives 7.89% of the house edge.