TOP Real Money Roulette Casinos 2023
- 🎯 What is it?
- 🎯 Money vs Free
- 🎯 Types
- 🎯 Live
- 🎯 Developers
- 🎯 Payments
- 🎯 Bets
- 🎯 Rules
- 🎯 Considerations
- 🎯 Reasons
- 🎯 Tips
What is Online Roulette?
Online roulette is a popular table game based on the classic wheel entertainment found in traditional casinos. From the roulette table’s humble beginnings in France in the 1700s, online roulette first came about in the mid-1990s. Live dealer online roulette came about in the mid-2000s, which brought a more authentic experience to gameplay. It’s now one of the most popular casino activities.
The great thing about online roulette games is that there are so many things you can do—and quickly too. Other online casino games just don’t have the same level of anticipation, and as it’s a game of chance rather than skill per se, anyone can play it. For those who don’t want to play roulette for money online, you can even play the demo version just for fun. The good news is that you’re likely to find at least one version at every online casino!
Playing Online Roulette for Real Money or Free?
Whether you want to play online roulette for real money or just for fun, it’s up to you. There are numerous ways to play roulette online, and you can enjoy yourself either way. To help you decide how to play, here is a comparison.
|Criteria||Free Online Roulette||Real Money Online Roulette|
|Bonuses||Bonuses aren’t available as there is no incentive needed.||You’ll find lots of different bonuses, including matched deposits and free chips.|
|Excitement||This can be exciting.||There’s nothing quite like the excitement of possible real money wins.|
|Skills||Playing for free helps you build up skills.||You can develop your skills as you go.|
|Assortment||Not all sites allow free play, so you might need to look a little harder.||There is a wide range of variations for all tastes and budgets.|
|Payouts||Free versions don’t have payouts.||Real money payouts are available, and the amount|
you win will depend on the type and bet played.
What are the Most Popular Types of Online Roulette?
There are lots of popular online roulette games and many different roulette variations. Here are some of the ones you’re likely to come across.
European roulette is one of the two main variations. The key difference between this and the American version is that there are 37 pockets containing numbers 0 to 36, with the 0 pocket being green. You’ll find lots of European roulette games on online gambling platforms, as it’s one of the most popular types.
American roulette has 38 pockets. As well as a 0 pocket, this version has a 00 too. Otherwise, it is played the same as the European version. The extra pocket means this has a higher house edge when compared to others.
French roulette looks like the European version, but it has additional rules. These rules are “La Partage” and “En Prison,” which mean ‘sharing’ and ‘in prison’ respectively. With La Partage, if the ball lands on zero and a player has made an even money bet, they will receive half of their stake back. With En Prison, if the ball lands on 0, the bet is kept for the next spin.
This is a compact version of the game. The wheel is smaller, and there are only 13 pockets, which are numbered 0 to 12. With fewer pockets, the odds and payouts are different, but it’s a quicker and simpler version.
Double Ball Roulette
Double ball or multi ball roulette features an additional ball. This adds further excitement and a fresh twist. The double ball element also affects odds and payouts. There are different real money betting combinations, too, thanks to the extra ball.
Double Wheel Roulette
This is a unique variant that features two wheels in one. Both wheels are set in motion before the ball is released. Where it lands on both of them determines the outcome. This is a novel twist on the classic experience.
Best Online Roulette Games to Play with Real Money
Despite there being a select number of variations, there are further differences to take into account when you consider the different software developer versions. If you want the best online roulette for real money, choose from these titles:
|🎡 Roulette Game||⚙️ Developer||🏆 RTP||💸 Bets Range|
|French||Playtech||98.65% (with La Partage rule)||$1-$300|
|Double Ball||Felt Gaming||97.3%||$1-$500|
|Ket Bet||SG Digital||94.74%||$1-$200|
|Immersive Roulette||Evolution Gaming||97.3%||$0.10-$500|
|Age of the Gods Roulette||Playtech||95.73%||$0.10-$300|
|Monopoly Roulette Hot Properties||SG Digital||97.3%||$1-$500|
Can I Play Online Roulette Live?
For those wanting a more authentic experience, why not try live dealer roulette? This version brings a whole new atmosphere when you play online roulette. It’s much more like the real thing, and all happens in real time with a live croupier streaming from a studio. You can even communicate with them and the other players. Online real money roulette live really is special. Though most places require you to play with your own money, you can actually play for free if you take up a no deposit bonus offer! Live titles also have special features like being able to see the action from different camera angles. This is the closest you’ll get to a real casino experience, so our expert advice becomes invaluable here.
Best Live Online Roulette Games to Play with Real Money
If you want to have the best chance to win real money roulette, you’ll need to choose the right live games. Here are the top titles from developers.
|🎡 Roulette Game||⚙️ Developer||🏆 RTP||💸 Bets Range|
|Live Immersive Roulette||Evolution Gaming||97.3%||$0.10-$10,000|
|Live Roulette Pro||NetEnt||97.3%||$5-$9,000|
|Ra Roulette||Extreme Live||97.3%||$1-$1,000|
|Double Ball Roulette Live||Evolution Gaming||97.3%||$0.30-$5,000|
|Live Prestige Roulette||Playtech||97.3%||$1-$1,000|
|Auto Roulette Live||Pragmatic Play||97.3%||$0.01-$5,000|
|London Roulette Live||Evolution Gaming||97.3%||$2-$10,000|
|VIP Roulette||Pragmatic Play||99.3%||$1-$20,000|
|Live Roulette||Luck Streak||97.3%||$0.50-$12,500|
|Live American Roulette||Visionary iGaming (VIG)||94.74%||$2.50-$500|
Best Online Roulette Games Providers
The best online roulette site will offer a range of different online roulette titles, both 3D and live variations. Here are some of the best software providers to look out for:
- Microgaming: For those into iGaming, Microgaming is a household name. This software provider has been around for almost three decades and is one of the biggest names around. Microgaming has a range of different variations of online roulette. This includes American, Euro Gold, Multiplayer, French, Premier, and Multi Wheel Gold.
- Evolution Gaming: It is a software provider and world leader in the live gaming sphere. This provider is arguably the most famous in live dealer sites around. It has a range of titles for an authentic experience. Some of the most popular titles include Auto Live, Instant, Live Double Ball, Live Speed, Live VIP, and Immersive.
- NetEnt: Short for Net Entertainment, NetEnt is a leading provider that was established in 1996 by Pontus Lindwall in Sweden. The company produces a lot of popular slot titles as well as table games. The NetEnt titles are Roulette Rouch, European, French, American, and Advanced.
- Playtech: The developer is one of the largest suppliers of online gaming software in the world. It was founded by Teddy Sagi in 1999. Playtech offers Single-Zero, Prestige, and Speed as live titles. There are also American, European, and French New Augmented Reality and 3D, which feature a large wheel.
- Play’n GO: The provider offers European Pro as well as similar titles, Super Wheel and Money Wheel. This software provider was founded in 2005 and has become one of the largest suppliers of gaming entertainment worldwide.
What are the Best Payment Methods to Bet Online Roulette?
When you want to play online roulette game for real money, you need to consider how you’re going to make your deposits and withdrawals. You need a safe and reliable method to protect your money. Not all sites offer the same methods, but here are some of the most popular and safest ones to use:
- Bitcoin: Many players choose a cryptocurrency like Bitcoin to do their online casino transactions. This is due to the reduced transaction fees, privacy of anonymous payments, and the advanced security offered. Because cryptocurrencies are decentralized and digital, they’re less likely to be involved in hacking or fraud compared to traditional methods of payment.
- PayPal: Lots of people choose PayPal for their deposits and withdrawals because it is a secure method, which means you don’t need to input your card details directly into the casino website itself. Using PayPal is also really seamless, and all you need to remember is your login credentials.
- Credit Cards: The majority of online casinos accept card payments. Where once upon a time, these were the newest way to pay for things, in the online casino world, they’re often considered to be a more traditional method of payment. Most sites accept both Visa and Mastercard, but you might need to check for other card providers like American Express and Discover.
Online Roulette Betting Limits
When you play roulette online for money, you’ll need to be aware of different real money betting limits for the different titles. You could spend your time gambling online with online roulette at one site, then try the same game at another site and find the betting limits are different. As such, you need to read the T&Cs of online roulette games at each individual site that has the game.
You should be able to find the minimum and maximum real money bets quite easily. Some versions are more geared to low-stakes players and others to high rollers, so it’s best to check before you start so you can see if the game meets your budget.
Minimum bets are usually around the $1 to $5 mark. Some allow you to bet as much as $50,000 per spin. The real money bet maximums won’t matter to most people, but if you’re a high roller, you’ll need to check that both the site you’re playing at and the real money roulette online games you want to play have maximum bet limits that suit you. Also, check out the T&Cs for withdrawal limits if you’re a high roller.
Low rollers should also plan their best wisely. Tables can even have real money bets as low as $0.10, which is ideal for low-stakes players. So that you don’t get carried away, ensure you’re using a game that is catered to low rollers. Experienced players will decide to bet 2% to 5% of their overall bankroll per bet. So, if you have $100 to play with, this would mean betting $2 or $5 each time at the most.
How does Roulette work? (Rules and Process)
Many people who first ask if can I play roulette online for real money think it’s difficult. Thankfully, online roulette isn’t a difficult casino game to get to grips with. The basic version requires a wheel with numbered pockets, a ball, a betting table, and chips. The wheel will look different depending on the version being played. The American online roulette wheel has 38 pockets. These are colored red or black. There are two green pockets that are 0 and 00. The European online roulette wheel has 37 pockets, the difference being that there is no 00. The American wheel also has high numbers next to each other, which Europeans don’t.
The table itself is divided into two parts for the different types of real money bets. There is the section with the numbers (including the 0 and 00, when applicable). This is called Inside bets. The Outside bets are in the other section. You will need to understand this aspect of the casino game if you want to win money.
The types of inside bets include:
- Straight-up bets: Bet on a single number.
- Split bets: Bet on two numbers.
- Street bets: Bet on three numbers.
- Corner bets: Bet on four numbers.
- Six-line bets: Bet on two lines or six numbers.
The types of outside bets include:
- Low bet: 1-18
- High bet: 19-36
- Red or Black
- Even or odd
- A Dozen: on 1-12, 13-24, or 25-36
- Column bet: a bet on the 12 numbers in a certain column
So when you are finally by the roulette table, these are the steps of a game process:
1. Players place their bets
Before anything else, players place their real money bets by putting their chips in the corresponding place on the table. In live titles, this is only allowed once the croupier has called “place your bets”. Don’t ask the dealer any questions during this time.
2. The croupier closes the betting
The croupier will close the betting by saying, “No more bets.” After this time, you won’t be able to put any more chips down. In RNG (Random Number Generator) games, the closing of bets will be automatic, so you won’t need to worry about this.
3. The croupier launches the roulette wheel
When bets are closed, the croupier will begin the spinning of the wheel and add the ball. Depending on the version, this will take a different amount of time.
4. The ball hits one of the pockets
The ball will spin for a while, and when the ball lands in a pocket, the game is over.
5. The croupier collects the losing bets and pays out the winning bets
The croupier will start taking in the lost bets and paying out the winning bets. This is slightly different when you’re behind a computer screen, and a lot of it is done automatically.
What are the Special Helpful Functions of Online Roulette?
Unlike in a traditional casino, online roulette games have lots of helpful functions within them to assist players. Here are some things you can expect.
- Rebet: When you bet real money online roulette, you’ll often come across ‘Rebet’. This function is a feature that allows you to place the same bet again. It is useful in that it saves you clicks and time. However, it can also have downsides if you’re not paying attention to the way your bankroll is heading.
- Clear bets: This function will clear off all of the bets you’ve made on the table. This is useful for players who want to start their betting over and remove all chips from the table.
- Undo: The undo feature removes the last move you made, so if you’ve changed your mind about the bet before betting has closed, undo will take it off the table.
- Double bet: There are two ways to understand this. One way is that it doubles your current bet amount while keeping the bet placed the same. The other is by making two different selections for one spin of the wheel.
- Favorite bets: Some online roulette titles will recognize your favorite real money bet types and remember them so that you can bet this easily again.
- Cold/hot number statistics: The hot and cold numbers in online roulette refer to whether or not numbers have come up recently. For example, a hot number will have appeared a number of times recently, while a cold number won’t have. Players use these as a betting strategy. Some believe hot numbers are lucky, while others choose to bet on cold numbers as they think it must soon be their turn to appear.
Things to Consider Before Playing Online Roulette with Real Money
When you’re going to play online roulette for money, there are a number of considerations. Here are some of the things to think about.
Familiarize yourself with the basic rules, betting and payouts
Before placing any online roulette bets, you’ll need to be familiar with the basic rules of the game. This includes what the different online roulette odds are and what the minimum bet allowed is.
Knowing how to bet is crucial to your success too. This is why it can be beneficial to play demo versions of the games, as you can get familiar with different betting types and what you could win in terms of their odds.
Learn all the roulette betting strategies
Different online roulette players will have different styles. Even if you’re not planning on using betting strategies, it’s a good idea to familiarize yourself with them. You never know, you might find them useful in the future.
Plan your budget and your time
Another important consideration is knowing your budget before you start playing. Like all iGaming activities, this can become addictive, which means you need to have a plan before you start to avoid going over your budget and spending more money than you can afford. Time is also important here too, as it’s quite easy to forget how much time you’ve been playing, so be aware of this.
Reasons to Play Real Money Roulette Online
There are so many great reasons to join in the best online roulette real money play. Here are some of them:
- Bonuses and promotions: One of the best reasons to play with real money is because of the casino bonuses on offer. The best online casinos have a range of promotions for both new customers and existing ones. Newcomers can expect things like a welcome bonus giving away free casino credits, for example. This may or may not require a deposit bonus code, so be sure to check the T&Cs. Existing customers can usually access loyalty rewards for playing too.
- Tournaments: Another thing gambling sites offer is tournaments. Different sites offer different types of tournaments, but they often come with large prize pools for the most successful players. Unlike playing against the house, in tournaments, you’re betting against different opponents and trying to get the most points.
- Playing at your own place and pace: Arguably, the best part of playing online compared to at a brick and mortar casino is that you play in the comfort of your own home. You can dip in and out of the game as you please and can spend 5 minutes here and there taking part. When you go to a traditional establishment, you’re there for the whole night and can end up spending a lot more money in one go. Online, you can choose to spend a little bit playing each day if you wish.
How Secure is it to Play Online Roulette with Real Money?
The best online casinos have robust security measures and privacy policies in place. You should look for sites that are recommended and that come with licenses by reputable authorities. Also, look out for sites that have independent audits from the likes of eCOGRA (e-Commerce Online Gambling Regulation & Assurance), for example, so you know the games are fair. Check that the site has security features like SSL encryption and firewalls, too, so you know they’re looking out for you as a valued customer.
Playing Online Roulette on Mobile
The good news is that you can play online roulette real money games on your mobile device too. The best part is that you don’t even need to download a casino app to do it, as most platforms have mobile sites that use the latest HTML5 technology, which enables mobile gaming. With this technology, the site automatically detects what device you’re using and adapts as it loads – you won’t even know it’s happening as it’s so quick.
The experience on a mobile will be different as it’s less immersive than a larger desktop screen. However, using a tablet or smartphone means you can play wherever and whenever, which is great!
Pros and Cons of Real Money Online Roulette
Like any game, there are pros and cons of playing real money online roulette. Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages:
|➕ Advantages||➖ Disadvantages|
|Location: You can play it in the comfort of your own home.||Time: It’s easy to forget the passing of time.|
|Availability: You can place a range of different real money bets,|
so it doesn’t matter if you’re a high roller or a low roller.
|Not social: It lacks the social side of a real casino.|
|Speed: It is often quicker than real-life play.|
|Convenience: You can dip in and out as often as you wish with little effort.|
|Cost effective: You can play for a few dollars at a time.|
Tips and Tricks to Make Online Roulette Real Money Winnings
Of course, everyone wants to make money playing roulette online, but not everyone will. Here are some tips and tricks you can try to be the most profitable possible.
Try free mode first
Like everything in life, practice makes perfect, so it’s a great idea to play free online in demo mode before making real money wagers. This means you can get to grips with how everything works, learn and test out strategies, and understand everything in full before parting with your hard-earned cash.
Research the house edges
Understanding what the house edge means, and the difference between the online roulette variations makes a huge difference to how you play. For example, the house edge is much lower on French online roulette than European, and especially American!
Apply different strategies
For the best chance of winning, try out different betting strategies to see what works for you. Some players swear by a set strategy to keep them focused on their play, while others will have strategies to do with time and money to keep them on the straight and narrow.
Avoid inside bets
With inside bets, the odds are against you. You’re more like to make a win if you play outside bets. Research the different bet types and their odds before you decide where to place your real money bets. This will ensure you have maximum win (and profit) potential.
Control your budget
The biggest piece of advice players need is to manage their finances. Knowing how much you’ve got to spend and sticking to it is crucial. Never chase losses thinking your luck will change because it might not. And only ever play with money you can afford to lose.
Make the Most of Your Experience Together with RouletteBull
Here at RouletteBull, we want to make your online roulette gameplay work for you. By reading through this website, you will be in a much better position as you move forward with your play. As a takeaway, make sure you do your research too. Not only is it important to choose the right site to play at, but you should also look at the game itself, its RTP and bet limits, for example. Finally, managing your budget and time is crucial to a positive experience. Above all, enjoy your online roulette sessions!
What is the best winning strategy for online roulette? ›
Which version of real money roulette should I play? ›
If you want the best chances of winning, play French online roulette, as this has the lowest house edge.
What is the best online roulette strategy? ›
There are a number of popular strategies players swear by. These include the Martingale, the Fibonacci system, and the D’Alembert system.
Can I play online roulette for free? ›
Yes. Most online casinos offer demo versions. However, live casino rooms will require real money bets to be made. However, you can get no deposit bonuses to try these out.
What real money bets are best with online roulette? ›
The best chances of winning are with real money bets on red or black, even or odd, and 1-18 or 19-36. The house edge stays the same, however.